Menu

12/03/2018

LISBON EATS | NICOLAU



Today's post is about another food spot in Lisbon, because guess what, finding new cute places to have cakes, cappuccinos and chats is my favorite (only) sport! Decaf cappuccinos at the moment though, and when that's not on the menu then hot chocolate is my guy. 


I have been to Nicolau twice now, and ordered the exact same thing. The Nutella pancake! Everything else is a little too healthy for me or it's good but not the kind of thing I like to spend money on. As most trendy places you find on Instagram, Nicolau is very nice and Instafriendly but also overpriced. Therefore I wouldn't buy overpriced plain scrambled eggs on toast, since I can make it easily at home. The fluffy pancake however, one can try it at home but it's not as good yet!


As I mentioned, I think the place is slightly overpriced, at least for me 4€ for just one pancake is a little too much. I mean who even eats just one pancake?! This one being the cheapest on the menu. However, prices aside the pancake is indeed reaaally good and comes with a lot of Nutella! Enough Nutella for probably three pancakes, too bad you only get one...  It is a very fluffy pancake so if you're not super hungry then it is fine, it works as dessert! 

Not only the pancakes are good, the rest of the menu seems really nice and pays attention to food restrictions as well, with vegan options, dairy free beverages etc. 

Last but not least, the location of the place is great, centrally located downtown, and the interior is very nice. So you are in fact paying for all of that!